About Me

Enfield, London, United Kingdom
I'm a botanical artist living in Enfield. graduated in April 2012 with credit from The Society Of Botanical Artists. All images and artwork copyright © Julie Whelan 2016 Exhibitions: Dugdale Centre Enfield Town – August 2012. Capel Manor Enfield – September 2012. Society Of Botanical Artists -highly commended for the Joyce cuming presentation award – April 2013. Botanical Art in Bloom, Phoenix Park, Dublin Ireland – May/June 2013. Botanical Art Expo, Claregalway Castle Ireland July/September 2013. April 2014: Society of Botanical Artists. June-November 2014: Royal Brompton and Harefield hospital Arts-Harefield hospital. November-January 2014:Royal Brompton and Harefield Arts-Royal Brompton Hospital. December 2014-February 2015:Staff and patient exhibition at the Royal Brompton Hospital- Proffessor David Rayson-Head awarded 3rd prize February 2015- Awarded associate membership at The Society of Botanical Artists. April 2015-Society of Botanical Artists Annual Exhibition. July 2015-work accepted by the RHS February 2016-Society of Botanical Artists awarded full membership April 2016- Society of Botanical Artists-Awarded Margaret Granger Memorial Silver Bowl

Monday, 16 July 2012

I have been quiet for the last few weeks!! Been very busy preparing for my upcoming art exhibition with a fellow artist. I'm now painting like crazy in my new studio, which is proving to be a perfect working environment :) So much easier than painting at our dining room table which is placed in an open living environment! So nice to have the peace and quiet of my studio and a gentle sound of classical music in the background....Just what I need, a perfect retreat at last and my creative juices are flowing and I'm on a bit of a roll :)

This is one of my paintings that I have just completed....I enjoyed doing this one and I'm loving painting what I want to paint and putting my own mark on my artworks :)

Clematis

3 comments:

jizogarden.com said...

Beautiful Julie.....isn't it wonderful to paint what you want! Enjoy your freedom :)

Laura Ashton said...

This looks lovely Julie! Glad I found your blog. Good luck at your show :)

Laura

Sketchbook Squirrel said...

Hi Julie, this looks sensational. Your paintings are going to look so lovely at your exhibition. Not long to go now :)